Friday 11 December 2009

Pea Soup and Ghostly shapes

It was certainly a pea souper this morning. I leave for work in the dark and this morning with such thick fog as I drove along the local common ghostly shapes appeared out of the mist - it was the cattle crossing the road!!

I don't see much of the Alpacas at the moment as it is dark when I leave and dark when I get home. Sid is in complete charge so he is really busy at the moment. Our two weanlings, Charlie & Chan have been coping well on their own, they are in a paddock next to 'Wellground Scriptwriter' and he seems to enjoy the company. Chan has had a touch of pneumonia so had some Nuflor last weekend but seems to have recovered fully now.

All the Alpacas have big field shelters with gates on. We put in a thick straw bed for them and keep their feeders and hay in there so when the rain comes (which has been most of the time) they are shut in the shelters at night but they all seem really happy.

I don't suppose I shall see too much of the Alpacas this weekend as I had better start Christmas shopping, at least most of the cards have been done.

Thank goodness we live here and Sid does his 'proper job' from here or we would be in a pickle as well as pea soup!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment